Home / Admissions / FAQ

The important terms

December, 13 2018

Open day

January, 17 2019

Open Day

February, 14 2019

Open Day

Full list of terms


Admission Procedure

How can I enrol at the university?

All you need to do is to fill out the online application.

When does admission take place?

The dates of the admission are available on the page Dates.

What are the conditions for admission?

An applicant for studies must meet the following criteria:

  • he/she must have a completed secondary school education
  • he/she must submit an application to study
  • he/she must successfully complete the admission interview

Can I change the information filled out in the application to study after submitting it?

Yes, the information can be changed. Contact the Students Affairs Department (e-mail:admissions@unicorncollege.cz, tel.: (+420) 271 097 200), which will make the requested changes to the application.

Is there an application fee?

Yes, there is an application fee, which you can pay by bank transfer or in cash. Please bring a document evidencing payment of the fee with you to the admission interview. You can find more detailed information at Application Fees.

What documents do I need to be admitted to the university?

In order to be admitted to the university, you will need to present the following:

  • an original or an authenticated copy of your general certificate of education,
  • an identity document (a citizen’s identity card, a passport).

Is it possible to download a draft contract on studies from the website?

Regrettably, this is not possible but we will gladly send it to you at your request. All you need to do is to contact us at the e-mail address admissions@unicorncollege.cz.

What is involved in the application process?

The entire application process is described on the page Admission Procedure.

What is the course of the admission interview?

Admission is based on an interview, the purpose of which is to find out the motivation and expectations of the applicant and to identify his or her level of knowledge of the English language. The duration of the interview is approximately 20 minutes. The applicant will be asked to introduce himself or herself in English and to outline his or her expectations regarding the studies. This is followed by free discussion in Czech about the discipline the applicant wishes to study in order to find out the applicant’s basic knowledge of the discipline.

When will I learn the results of the admission procedure?

We will notify you of the result of the admission procedure by e-mail no later than within two working days. We will usually send you the result as early as on the day of the admission interview. Within fourteen days of the admission procedure, we will send you a letter with the decision of the president of the university on whether or not you have been admitted to the university.

How can I pay the application fee?

It is possible to pay the fee in cash at the time of the admission procedure or by bank transfer. You can find more information on the page Application Fees.

What is a nostrification document and how and where can I get it? How long does it take to get it?

A so-called “nostrification” document is a document issued to foreign nationals that ensures that the secondary school education obtained by an applicant is recognised by Czech authorities. An applicant cannot be admitted to the university without a nostrification document. Applicants who obtained their secondary school education in the Slovak Republic do not need a nostrification document.

You will need to apply for the nostrification document with the Council of the Capital City of Prague. The nostrification process takes 30-60 days. You can find more information on the website of the Council of the Capital City of Prague.

Can I apply to transfer course credits from another school?

  • We usually transfer course credits for courses in which the student received a grade of either 1 or 2 (or even 3 in exceptional cases), or a corresponding grade at the previous university, and that were complete no more than five years ago.
  • The decision on transferring course credits is made by the head of the department.
  • All information on transferring course credits is provided by the Students Affairs Department.


What are the forms of study you offer?

We offer bachelor university programs in full-time, part-time and individual forms. For more information, visit the section Course of Studies.

Where can I find study plans for the individual fields?

Study plans are available in the section Academics and listed in the sections for the individual fields of study: ICT Project Management, Information Technologies, Economics and Management.

When does the academic year start?

The academic year begins in mid-September and the winter semester starts at the beginning of October. The summer semester starts in mid-February. For more information on the schedule of the academic year, please visit the section Course of Studies.

How long is the teaching period in a semester and how long is the examination period?

Teaching in a semester lasts for 12 weeks and the examination period lasts 5 weeks.

What is the grading scale for the courses?

The courses are graded on the following scale:

1 - excellent
2 - very good
3 - good
4 - inadequate (failed)

How much are tuition fees at Unicorn College?

The amount of the tuition fee depends on the form of study and the language of instruction. For more information, visit the section Finance.

Can I apply for recognition of courses that I completed at another university?

Yes, at our college we usually recognize courses from other universities. For more information, see the section Transfer Applicants.

Is Unicorn College accredited?

Yes, Unicorn College is accredited by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and it is also, among other things, on the list of private universities.

Does Unicorn College provide accommodation for its students coming from outside of Prague?

Our college does not have its own accommodation facilities. But we have partnerships with several public schools. For more information, visit the section Accommodation and Meals.


Does Unicorn College provide scholarships?

Yes, our university offers merit scholarships, which are financed by our partners. We also mediate social and accommodation scholarships for our students, which are financed by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic. You can find more information on the page Scholarship Programmes.

How can I obtain a merit scholarship?

If you want to obtain a merit scholarship you need to pass the scholarship tests. You can find more about this on the page Scholarship Programmes.